Friday, May 25, 2007

Why I Loathe Damon Lindelof

As an executive producer of a much-loved television serial, you have an obligation to your fans to occasionally toss them a freakin’ bone. Having just watched the season 3 finale of Lost, I feel like Mr. Lindelof owes me 72 hours of my life back and a commensurate monetary reimbursement for the emotional investment I have put into his work . Why, oh, why does he insist on producing five more questions for every question answered in the series? Call me when the final season comes out on DVD. I can’t take this anymore!

In addition to the airwave drug that Mr. Lindelof peddles, he torments the reclusive and oft-misunderstood community of graphic novel collectors. Listen to me, Damon, there should be a clause in the Geneva Convention that stipulates that you can not have the Incredible Hulk rip Wolverine into two pieces and forever leave your audience wiping up their spewed chocolaty YooHoo drink and dreaming about a wheelchair-bound, adamantium-laced gulomorph. I’m sticking to Archie you jerk!



5 comments:

betsyann said...

I'm glad you're blogging... I really don't have any idea what you're talking about...but I like to hear it nonetheless.

nattyman said...

Thats why I don't watch Lost. It is only going to break your heart in the end.

Not dissimilar to X-Files. I don't think I have ever seen a worse series finale than X-Files. Nothing big, nothing spectacular, just cancer man sitting in some Indian cave saying how the world was going to end in 2012 or something stupid like that.

betsyann said...

Damon promised me personally that Lost would not end like X-files.

Iam confident that Wolverine will find his legs, although I don't know what he will do with them once he finds them. Apparently he should wash them, though.

It is customary to put a "contains spoilers" warning at the begining of a Lost related post. In this case I would have appreciated a "contains no spoilers, except for some obscure comic book that you don't care about" warning, as I have been avoiding the reading of this post since its original posting date due to its topic. (LJL told me it would be OK to read)

betsyann said...

Dang, I forgot to switch users
--lobiwan

Anselm said...

Sorry...uh, no spoilers.