Friday, April 18, 2008

Hey There, Boo Boo


Sometimes, instead of Build-a-Bear workshops in the mall, I wish they had Beat-A-Bear workshops. This would entail beating the stuffing out of a bear in lui of putting the stuffing in. If society had some sort of visceral, public outlet to sublimate angst and aggression, I think we would be better off. You may say that this niche is accommodated by organized sports and video arcades, however, football does not allow bear abuse and video games perpetuate social non-action. Moreover, bears have nothing to contribute to society or culture but chronic grumpiness and picnic theft. Down with the bear!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now as a parent you get to decide whether or not any form of punching bag is good for venting or for practice. You may have needed kung fu lessons-- how I have failed. As for the job... yes- God's timing is so sweet yet so testy.

You can call me Kentolla said...

I think I heard your mom offering to get you Kung Fu lessons... It's never to late!

nattyman said...

Maybe we could build giant stadiums or coliseums, if you will, where the masses could come and watch these bear beatings.